I posted this activity over on my Instagram a couple of weeks back and wow was it popular! The girls and I had been home and were bored, so we searched through Pinterest for a fun art activity to try together. We stumbled across a similar activity and instantly knew that it would be fun!
Here is how we put our own little spin on this fun art activity.
This is what you will need:
White A4 paper
Black marker pen
Coloured markers, pencils or crayons
This is what you will need to do:
1. Draw a face with black marker pen onto a piece of white paper.
2. Color the picture.
3. Add a pattern to the background and lots more color. We pasted some confetti onto the cheeks!
4. At this point, paste your picture down onto some card. You don’t have to do this, but the paper on its own might be a little flimsy to hold when you are blowing your balloon.
5. Use your scissors to make a small hole where the mouth would be. Remember that scissors are sharp. Always be careful when using scissors and closely supervise children using scissors.
5. Gently press the balloon through the hole.
6. Blow the balloon up!
Thanks so much for reading! If you have any comment or questions, pop them below and I will get back to you. Jacinta Xx
If you would like to make a girl balloon art, here’s a template:
If you would like to make a boy balloon art, here’s a template: