This super cute activity is great for helping kids develop their scissors skills. It is a really quick activity to put together and only requires a couple of easily accessible materials. You will only need some paper, a marker pen, scissors and a glue stick. The end result is a super cute piece of art too!
This is what you will need:
Colored construction paper
Black marker pen
!WARNING! Remember that scissors are sharp. Adult supervision is always required when children are using scissors!
This is what you will need to do:
1. Cut circles from orange and yellow paper. You might like to trace a circle onto the paper first to help with the cutting. For each lion, you will need one large circle and one smaller circle.
2. Use the glue stick to paste the smaller circle into the center of the larger circle.
3. Using a black marker pen, draw a face on the lion.
4. Grab a pair of child safe scissors and snip from the outside of the larger circle to the smaller circle. Keep cutting until you have snipped around the entire circle.
5. Paste your lion down onto a piece of colored paper using your glue stick.
If you would like a copy of the FREE printable version of this activity, download the file below.