Time has gotten away from me lately! I have hardly had a chance to blog. I actually made these fun printable math worksheets at Easter time, but have not had a second to myself to sit down and publish them.
These early math worksheets are perfect for preschoolers and are a great way to help them learn about and develop number recognition, one-to-one correspondence and subitising skills. Kids will also get a chance to work on their scissor skills as they enjoy this activity.
What you will need:
A copy of the FREE printable worksheets
What you will need to do:
1. Print out the FREE Carrot Scissor Skills worksheet. The worksheet will look like this and you will find the free documents at the end of this page.
2. Take a pair of scissors and carefully cut around the green rectangle on the right hand side of the page.
!WARNING! Please remember that scissors are sharp. Adults should always carefully supervise children when they are holding and using scissors!
3. Use your scissors to snip the green rectangle into thin strips. These strips will form the leaves on your carrots.
4. Glue the corresponding number of leaves onto each carrot. Allow the glue to dry.
For the second activity entitled “Carrot Number Math,”
1. Print out the two page worksheet. You will find this FREE document below.
2. Use your scissors to carefully cut around each numbered carrot. Remember that scissors are sharp. Adults should always carefully supervise children when they are holding and using scissors!
3. Match the numbered carrots to the corresponding carrot on the worksheet. You might like to glue the carrots down, or just match them over and over again.
Here are your FREE documents: