I thought that I would share this fun scissor skill activity with you. It is super simple to set up and only requires really simple materials – things that I am sure that you will already have at home!
PS: It feels like ages since I have had a chance to sit down and write a blog post. Life has been crazy lately – good crazy though!
!WARNING: Scissors are sharp. Adults must ALWAYS closely supervise children when they are using scissors.
This is what you will need:
White paper or cardstock
Off cuts of red and skin colored paper
Glue stick or white school glue
Black marker pen
Small white pom poms
This is what you will need to do:
1. Take your piece of white paper or cardstock and rule lines along the length of the paper. Our lines have been rules approximately 5 cm apart – but you can make your lines any width that you would like.
2. Carefully cut along the lines with scissors to make your strips of paper.
3. Take your hole punch and make circles in different skin tone colored paper. Glue the circles onto the white paper. I positioned our circles so that they overlapped the cardstock edge. Simply fold over the excess paper and glue down to secure.
4. Next, cut some little hat shapes from red paper.
5. Take your glue stick and attach the hats to the very edge of the paper strips.
6. Glue down some pom poms to the ends of the hat and draw happy faces onto each Santa with black marker pen.
7. Using your black marker pen, draw a series of lines along each strip of paper. You can be as creative as you like with the lines that you choose to draw. I have mixed up a series of short lines and long lines. Then, carefully cut along the lines with scissors.
Thank you so much for reading! Jacinta Xx
Here is the Santa Claus Scissor Skills Worksheet for you!